Effective inventory management plays a central role in every company's mission to satisfy its customer's requirements and is essential to supply chain competitiveness.
ProSCM Advisors will assist clients to develop effective inventory management. We analyze the impact of internal and external factors to integrate inventory with purchasing, manufacturing, distribution and sales to create inventory programs and policies that make sense. We can help your company identify and take full advantage of lower inventory costs.
ProSCM Advisor assessments address:
- Sales and Operations Planning processes and procedures
- Master Scheduling and Inventory planning
- Inventory management practices
- Forecasting accuracy
- Stocking and non-stock policies
- Management of cycle stock
- Use of dynamic safety stock levels based on customer service
- Cross-dock, cycle count, transfer, and discontinue SKUs effectively
- Reduce purchase transaction and manufacturing set-up/changeover costs
- Continuous improvement programs
We assist clients in creating comprehensive inventory management strategies that will enhance financial performance and customer satisfaction.
Our assessments and recommended strategies include the following considerations:
- Customer needs and their influence on inventory levels, service levels, lead time, cost and accuracy
- Costs incurred from purchase transaction expenses, manufacturing set-up and changeover expenses, etc.
- Operational changes driven by promotions, new product introductions/proliferation
- Technology and its ability to provide trend, profiling and seasonality-based forecasting, trading partner visibility and planning collaboration
- Corporate goals, whether revenue, unit sales, turns, excess/slow moving and more